12.10.2016

Ginebra, 13 de marzo de 1930 / José Antonio Ramos Sucre

Geneva, March 13th, 1930

Don César Zumeta, Minister of Venezuela.
Paris - Beethoven 3.

My respected friend:
     I greet you with due respect and want to tell you I’ve returned here.
     My illness, a perpetual insomnia, won’t prevent me from serving and obliging you. And if fate were so benevolent as to reduce that illness and I’m able to find relief, I will commit the fearless act of visiting you in Paris. Above all it’s important for me to meet such a spiritual person.
     Mr. Yépez has helped me out with exquisite charity. I hope to be as solicitous with my colleagues and compatriots. I won’t voluntarily give my superiors any motive for censure.
     I protest, mister Zumeta, my affection and consideration.

                                                            JOSÉ ANTONIO RAMOS SUCRE




Los Aires del Presagio, ed. Rafael Ángel Insausti, 2nda ed. (Caracas: Monte Ávila Editores, 1976)




{ José Antonio Ramos Sucre, Obra completa, edición de José Ramón Medina, Caracas: Biblioteca Ayacucho, 1989 }

No comments: